Chinese come through with Josh Rouse song

tudou_logoSo I tracked down an online version of Josh Rouse’s ‘My Love Has Gone,’ which I mentioned the other day in my tirade about YouTube’s copyright Nazis.

I found it on Tudou.com, China’s version of YouTube, which apparently serves up five times the volume of video every day than YouTube. Gotta love the Chinese.

Josh Rouse – ‘My Love Has Gone’ from Nashville

6 thoughts on “Chinese come through with Josh Rouse song

1. Kerrie Rueda says:

I am NOT going to ask how you found this. I AM going to say that I think it’s hilarious that you took the time to track it down…in China!

That said, I love the song and appreciate your efforts. Seriously, this guy’s sound is right up my musical alley. Very nice. Thank you for the introduction.

By the way, I have a question for your very well honed ear, do I detect a little Fleetwood Mac influence on this song? Do you know who he lists as his musical influences? Just curious. 🙂

Good call, Kerrie. I did some Googling and found a lot of references to Fleetwood Mac, both in official write-ups of Rouse and fan comments.

In one article he lists as influences The Smiths, R.E.M., Carole King and, you got it… Fleetwood Mac.

it doesn’t surprise me that you found this so easily on Chinese YouTube. After all, Rouse is the “Boss” of China. Not sure why he hasn’t reached the same level of fame in the West, but the Chinese have excellent taste.

4. Kerrie says:

Woohoo!!! I correctly identified an influence!! I’m so excited. 🙂

5. Kerrie says:

By the way, I totally thought of the Smiths while listening to the song you did end up featuring the other day, so I’m doubly pleased. 🙂

I think I’m going to have to purchase Nashville. I have a 2 song rule in general. if I don’t like at least 2 songs, I don’t buy a whole album. It’s not scientific, but it has served me well.

I give a money-back guarantee on Nashville… if you don’t like it, send me the receipt! 🙂