Song of the Day #2,386: ‘Time’ – Ben Folds vs. The Beatles

Round Two of Montauk Madness comes to a close with a painful matchup for me, personally: The Beatles vs. Ben Folds.

The Beatles got here by unanimously toppling poor Shakira, while Folds bested The Smiths with a sizable 86% of the vote. Both of these acts have strong support among my readership.

I called this decision painful, but it isn’t all that difficult. The Beatles all the way. I just hate to vote against Folds, one of my favorite artists, so early in the game. Fortunately, his band Ben Folds Five appears to have a good chance of advancing to Round Three.

Speaking of Round Three… it’s gonna be a little while. My family is leaving on summer vacation this week, so the next two weeks of blog posts will reflect my absence. I’ll finish out this week with a few odds and ends, then take a hiatus and come back to jump into Round Three in earnest.

Think of me
Anyway you want
I can be
The problem if that’s easier

In your head
Move the pieces around
Things I’ve said
Turn the memory upside down

And it makes it better I know
But sometimes it’s hard to swallow

In time I will fade away
In time I won’t hear what you say
In time, but time takes time you know

Tell your friends
The things they wanna hear and see
Start the drums
Band against the enemy

And in time I will fade away
In time I won’t care what you say
In time, but time takes time you know

In your head
Move the pieces ’round
Things I’ve said
Turn the memory upside down

It might make it better, I know
But sometimes it’s hard to swallow

In time I will fade away
In time I won’t care what you say
In time, but time takes time you know
Time takes time you know

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Song of the Day #2,386: ‘Time’ – Ben Folds vs. The Beatles

This is a painful one for me as well. I had been suggesting that artists like Folds should only be in this contest once, combining their solo and band careers, but, in this instance, I am happy that BFF might advance while Folds is taken out by arguably the best band of all time.

Agree with both of you on this one. The fact that Ben Folds is still in it makes it much easier to have his solo work taken out by such a worthy competitor!

3. Rob says:

No contest here … Beatles all the way.

4. Peg says:

Ditto for me Beatles al the way