Song of the Day #2,073: ‘My Energy’ – Laurie Berkner

laurie_berknerThis is my 221st Random Weekend post and only the second kids’ song to show up during that span. The first was by Raffi.

When I launched Random Weekends, I feared I’d wind up with a lot of Laura Berkner and Raffi and the like, not because they dominate my music collection but because it’s inevitable that when you want the process to deliver something cool like Miles Davis or Talking Heads, it will instead serve up The Wiggles.

But that hasn’t been the case. I can’t say that I’ve been proud of every Random Weekend track, but I can’t say I’ve been embarrassed a whole lot either.

And I’m not embarrassed by Laurie Berkner, for the record. She’s damn talented. My family even saw her in concert once and it was a blast, despite the 90 degree weather under a blazing sun that had Berkner apologizing to the crowd and reminding us to stay hydrated.

This is me, this is me
This is me and my energy

This is me, this is me
This is me and my energy

I’m gonna wiggle my legs
I’m gonna click my heels
I’m gonna stomp my feet
Because I have energy

Oh this is me, this is me
This is me and my energy

This is me, this is me
This is me and my energy

I’m gonna wave my arms
I’m gonna shake my hips
I’m gonna jump to the sky
Because I have energy

That I can be
Yeah I’m the only thing
That I can be

Me – Me – Energy
Me – Me – Energy

6 thoughts on “Song of the Day #2,073: ‘My Energy’ – Laurie Berkner

cute kid and so sweet to remind you to stay hydrated 🙂

🙂 Laurie Berkner is not a kid; rather she’s a talented singer songwriter, who might have gone the Carole King route had she not decided to make and perform music for children. Every parent who had to suffer through far less clever and whimsical songs is happy she made that decision, as Berkner is usually ever family’s favorite (thus our trip to see her in concert!) Wish random weekends had produced this track instead :):

3. Maddie says:

Love me some Laurie Berkner

I’m looking forward to next weekend’s Wiggles selection. I’m rooting for “Play Your Guitar with Murray.”😄

5. Andrea Katz says:

I am completely charmed!

I’d say that 2018 should see a guest blog from the girls where they each share a childhood favorite they would like to see featured on the blog. You know.., pre-Drake and Lorde taste.