Song of the Day #1,709: ‘Open Sesame’ – Kool & The Gang

saturday_night_feverI don’t really have much to say about today’s Random Weekend selection except that a) this is one of the last tracks I would choose to highlight from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack if it were up to me; and b) John Travolta was such a sexy and dynamic presence back in the day and boy has he turned into a freakshow over the past several years.

About these ads

6 thoughts on “Song of the Day #1,709: ‘Open Sesame’ – Kool & The Gang

I’m just so giddy not to hear another arcade fire song, that today’s song feels like unbridled joy to me. You go Kool and the Gang!

Open Sesame, indeed. I think it’s the random weekend fairy’s way of suggesting that you move on to new material during the week. ;) Arcade Fire is done now, yes? It’s safe to return on Monday? ;)

That said, I agree that I never would have thought of this song in association with Saturday Night Fever. I can’t remember them dancing to it (and couldn’t find any clips, if they did). As much as I am saddened by what has become of my beloved John Travolta, I couldn’t help but notice he still has his dancing moves when he walked/danced on to the stage during the Oscars a couple of weeks ago.

I’ll have you know that, your indifference/contempt aside, the Arcade Fire posts did very well in terms of Web traffic!

• Amy says:

Well I am very happy to hear that. Take solace that you will have your half dozen loyal viewers back on Monday once you’ve lost all of the silent Arcade masses! :)

4. Andrea Katz says:

John Travolta is still cool in my book.

Ditto Andrea!